The next big project for the installations was to doccument them in video. I have long wanted to get my work out to the world using video, and this project, because of its scale and complete non portability was a perfect place to start. It also helped that there was a clear start and it finished within a super reasonable amount of time. The down side of course was not having decided to make a video until the project was nearly complete. Fortunately I take tons of pictures and video as a regular practice in my art making so there was more than enough material for the twelve minute piece Gabe and I put together.
This is my first video project ever and so I received tons of help in editing the film and in asking questions about the project that made for all around better work. As I said the video was decided on after the piece was finished so while there was more than enough documentation there were things that I just didn’t have. For some of that we staged shots, for the rest it was left out. A process that wont be repeated since i now know that video production will be an integral part of my work form here out.
The film was make entirely with iPhones and my mac book. The computer worked great but the limit with the phones is one that will have to be overcome, especially mine which has a very limited memory which required uploading all the pics and videos once a day to clear the memory to take more. ‘despite all the difficulty we put together a great video.
Since the production of this video I’ve made one myself so that I might learn the program and participate fully in the production of future projects. This video documents the erosion of the images on the panels over the last couple weeks